This is a unique opportunity since it will be conducted by the Waratahs (super 15’s) Coach who is the National Philippines coach,
The Philippine Rugby Football Union is looking for both Men and Women Filipino heritage players based in North America to trial for their National Teams. The men’s team will be holding trials in New York City the weekend of April 17th in preparation for Asian 5 Nations Div. 2 (Philippines, China, India and Thailand). The women’s 7s team will be holding trials for East Coast-based players in May in preparation for the Asian Rugby Football Union 7s Championships in China this July. Interested parties should contact North American Rep Clay Luraschi (email@example.com).
FORWARD BELOW TO INDIVIDUAL INTERESTED PLAYERS
They are just wrapping up the Australia trials in Sydney and now it’s your turn to show what you have and shoot for a spot on the 2010 Philippines National Team, which will travel to India to play in the Asian 5 Nations Division 2 Series featuring the Philippines, Thailand, China and India.
Here are some key things to know for next week:
1. After reading this, e-mail me your cell number. Mine is 415-341-7769
2. Bring gear for practice and game. You will need to bring your own socks and shorts. We will supply the jersey. You will have an option to purchase the jersey for $75 if you wish.
3. See your accommodations below. A few of you will either be staying with Victor Lopez or at Ray Abruzzi’s loft (both are cc’d on this e-mail). Please reach out to them and introduce yourself. If you are staying at Ray Abruzzi’s, there is a lot of space but limited bedding (because he is moving), so please bring a sleeping bag if you have one. Ray’s # is 917-763-1477. Victor’s # is 917-533-1021.
4. There will be a t-shirt that must be worn at the post match gathering. Please bring $15 for this.
5. See the itinerary below. Take note of the meeting place and time.
The itinerary is as follows:
Friday, April 16th
5:15 pm Meet at the Southeast Corner of Houston and Essex (Manhattan)
6 -9pm Trials (testing, etc) begin at East River Park (artificial turf)
Saturday, April 17th
11 am – 5pm Trials continue followed by Match vs. NY Village Lions RFC (Randall’s Island NY/artificial turf))
6pm Social / Meet & Greet / Food
Sunday, April 18th
9 am Breakfast & Coach’s debriefing. Player’s depart.
Interested parties should contact North American Rep Clay Luraschi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Tournament Sponsorship Chair
Four Leaf Fifteens
NYC Village Lions RFC
Dr Victor Lopez Jr
Rugby Football Union