Course Name: Coaching of Match Officials, Level 1
Date: 10/23/2011, 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Local Host: Texas Rugby Referee Association
Course Leader/Educator: Steve Parrill (firstname.lastname@example.org
Course outline: Introduces concepts and role of Referee Coaching to enable assistance and guidance to develop the referee.
The course focuses on the following aspects:
- Principles of Rugby
- Individual Core Skills
- Risk management and ethics
- Role of the Referee Coach: Philosophy; Functions; Extended duties
- Observation skills: Match viewing; Identifying problems
- Data collection: Compliance stats; Match stats
- Solutions and coaching for the referee: Assisting the referee; Competencies (concepts and identification); Procedural Tasks
- Solutions and coaching for the touch judge: Assisting the touch judge; Competencies (concepts and identification); Team of Three
Contact course Educator Steve Parrill for more details. Go to this link to register: http://www.usarugby.org/#goto/
NOTE: Upon completion of this course, your registration fee will be re-imbursed.