To celebrate the TRU’s 45th anniversary, we’re ecstatic to introduce the Texas Rugby Union Hall of Fame, a year-long celebration of individuals whose lives or careers are inextricably woven into the fabric of our history. In the first year, we will look to induct five members and are accepting nominations starting now. We will induct five more for two more years and then move to five members every three years.
Nominations are taken at large and can be filled out using the TRU Hall of Fame Nomination form. We will be announcing the winners of the first class at the TRU Summit at the Summit in August. Therefore, nominations are due by June 1, 2016.
- Players, administrators, referees etc. are all eligible for induction. Only criteria is that it’s “rugby related” in the growth and betterment of the game.
- It is highly recommended that nominees are generally recognized for their outstanding PLAY on the pitch AND/OR contributing to the TRU’s growth through administration (TRU or CLUB level), coaching & refereeing.
Voting for the HOF Nominees will be done by past and present TRU Board Members which includes past divisional secretaries.
- Nominees cannot vote for themselves and will be required to recuse themselves.
- Each voter will select their top five nominees in order from top to bottom, with a one as their highest pick. After tabulation, the top five most voted will be inducted into the HOF.
- After each election year, the past nominees will be automatically placed on the next five consecutive ballots for future consideration.
- If their name is present for five HOF periods and not selected, their name will be removed.
- Votes will be collected digitally and announced on the TRU website.