We know that the start of the season can be a bit overwhelming so we’re happy to share our annual club reminders and guide!
USA Rugby Club Registration
- Renew your Club Registration with USA Rugby (includes paying Club dues) by Sept 2, 2016
- Have a registered Level 200 coach certified by USA Rugby
- Verify that you have TRU certified TJ/ARs
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) CIPP’d players on your roster by September 30, 2016 or your first match
Don’t feel like making time for all this? You should be concerned that:
- Your club is unable to compete in any competitions, tournaments etc or advance to any USA Rugby events
- Your Club liability insurance through USAR is not valid and your club could be at risk
- The Texas Rugby Referee Association (TRRA) will not assign referees to your events
- Your club could face disciplinary or monetary sanctions!
Note that USA Rugby issues regular reports to the TRU and TRRA on which clubs are compliant and which are not so it won’t be overlooked. Notices from the TRU Admin will go out on a bi-weekly basis starting next week.
- Review team schedules in Who’s the Ref (will be loaded by Oct 1, 2016) including:
- Kick off times
- Pitch location
- Review your teams contact information in Who’s the Ref
- Review your teams contact information on the TRU public contact sheets
- Signup at least two representatives to receive TRU News
- Review team schedules in CMS (will be loaded by Oct 1, 2016)
Match Day Procedures
While the match day procedures have been in place for 5+ years we continually have clubs that are non-compliant every week. Your team is responsible for knowing and following all policies or there may be competition or disciplinary sanctions: http://texasrugbyunion.com/administration/operating-policies/.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the TRU Admin.