- New 7s clubs must apply to the TRU by June 1; the TRU Board will expedite applications to have them reviewed as quickly as possible:
- Clubs and 7s-only teams must be in good standing with the TRU by June 1. Good standing includes but is not limited to: completed CIPP registration of the club and team with full payment; no outstanding fines or disciplinary sanctions, and in good standing according to USA Rugby playing requirements.
- A club or team may be registered solely to play 7s. Clubs already enrolled in the current year’s CIPP do not need to re-register to participate in 7s.
- USA Rugby transfers must be complete by July 1.
- NOTE: We would not recommend waiting until June 31st to request transfers as it can take more than 3-5 business days for transfers to be approved.
- RRRC: Players must be present on the Clubs USA Rugby roster to be eligible for RRRC 7s tournaments (example, player is CIPP’d with Lone Star but is wanting to play on the Austin Huns 7s team; player must transfer to Huns roster by first RRRC event).
We recommend that everyone reviews the USA Rugby Eligibility Regulations, in particular bylaw 9.