The proposed competition is intended to encourage clubs to field developmental sides in addition to the sides they field in USA Rugby cup competition, and to provide a league for social clubs and newly formed clubs to build towards inclusion in USA Rugby national divisions.
Season will be played October-April 2018, with the Semi Finals being held the weekend before the RRRC D1, D2, D3 playoffs, and the Finals played the weekend after RRRC playoffs.
- North and South Divisions
- Cup Semifinals – #1 N vs #2 S, #1 S vs #2 N
- Bowl Semifinals – #3 N vs #4 S, #3 S vs #3 N
- Playoffs the weekend before RRRC finals
- All matches will be included in CMS and all policies surrounding CMS will be followed:
- TRU Front Row Waiver required
*Would recommend that all clubs familiarize themselves with the TRU Resources page and the TRU Operating Policies.
- All players must be registered with USA Rugby (aka CIPPed).
- In regular season matches, away teams may borrow up to 3 guest players from other teams without the match being declared a forfeit.
- No limitations on player movement for multi-side clubs, and games may be played after upper division matches.
- No guest players may be used in the playoff rounds.
- To compete in the playoffs, a player must have played in at least two (2) league matches for their playoff club. Appearances as a guest player for another club do not satisfy the minimum match requirement.
- Clubs and players may request an eligibility waiver from the TRU competitions committee, as appointed by the TRU Board.
Point system for regular season matches:
|1 point||Score 4 tries|
|1 point||Lose by less than 7|
|-1 point||Used guest players, but result stands (e.g. could earn 4 pts for win & -1 for using guest players)|
|-1 point||Played forfeit (e.g. used >3 guest players or did not play a full 80 minutes 15s match, but a game was played). Match scored as 28-0 loss by forfeiting team|
|-1 pts +||potential fine Unplayed forfeit with fine per TRU policy.|
End of Season:
For the semifinals, the higher seed will host the lower seed. The finals will be played at a central location. Cup semifinal winners will play for the Championship Cup. Cup semifinal losers will play for the Plate. Bowl semifinal winners will play for the Bowl. Bowl semifinal losers will play for the Shield.
Trophies will be provided by the TRU, and the finals matches will be filmed and made available on the TRU YouTube page.
Based on performance (including forfeits and use of guest players), clubs may be eligible for promotion to RRRC divisions RRRC sides may be relegated to TRU competition, per RRRC promotion-relegation policies.