2018 RRRC Championships
The Red River Rugby Conference (RRRC) Championships will take place on May 5-6, 2018. This year’s event will include the top Men’s D1, D2 & D3 and Women's D1 & D2 clubs.
2018 TRU Championships
The TRU Championships will take place on May 12, 2018. As this is a newly created competition we're excited to feature the top Men's D4 and Women's D3 clubs.
The RRRC Championships will take place on May 5-6, 2018 and TRU Championships are May 12, 2018. We are officially requesting host applications at this time!
Applications for either event are due January 15, 2018 and will be reviewed by Otis Parker (D3 Men’s Club Rep), Nick James (Women’s Club Rep), John Kurylas (RRRC D3 Men’s Rep) and Wendy Young (TRU Admin).
Clubs can request to host both events or just one if they’d like. For the RRRC Championships it will include honoring the 2017 Hall of Fame class so we do ask that clubs keep that in mind. Clubs won’t be responsible for organizing the HOF but it would be best if bids came from clubs in major metro areas (for ease of travel and hosting of the banquet).
Hosts will be selected by February 1 and the announcement will be placed on the TRU website.
What does it mean to host a Championship event?
- Hosts and administrators are committed to showcasing a safe and professional event!
- All players, coaches and participants are covered under USA Rugby Insurance.
- Event hosts ensure that all TRU & USA Rugby Safety Guidelines are followed.
Minimum Event Host Requirements:
- Ensure that the Event complies with all of TRU & USA Rugby’s safety requirements and guidelines, rules, regulations, policies, directives, decisions and all procedures set forth by USA Rugby are in effect at the time of the Event.
- Confirm that all participating clubs and all participating participants, including athletes, coaches, referees and officials are CIPP registered with USA Rugby.
- Reserve or obtain permission and all applicable permits from local jurisdictions for the use of fields, venues, facilities, etc.
- Conduct the event in accordance with the current competitive rules as specified in the applicable RRRC & USA Rugby rule book or World Rugby rules.
- Accept full responsibility for the management of this event and any parties it employs, recruits and contracts with to assist with the production of said Event, including but not limited to, the supervision of paid and non-paid employees and volunteers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.