UPDATE March 13 at 11:16 AM: We’d like to thank all our member clubs for their cooperation in rescheduling this weekend’s matches per yesterday’s guidance. There will be no games in the TRU this weekend. We are continuing our work on contingency plans for the remainder of the season, and will have an announcement early next week.
In light of recent developments related to the COVID-19 virus – including the MLR, NBA, and many collegiate competitions already suspending play – the TRU and RRRC are making contingency plans for the rest of this rugby season. There will be a formal announcement next week, no later than 5 pm Wednesday, 3/18.
For this weekend:
TRU and RRRC strongly encourage all member clubs with matches this weekend to postpone these matches until the weekend of April 11. We have already confirmed that all clubs playing this weekend are open on 4/11 on the TRU and TRRA calendar.
Note if either of the two clubs in a given match informs TRU and RRRC that they wish to reschedule, the match will automatically be set for 4/11 at the same venue. We will not argue over what is essentially a health and safety issue.
However, if *both* teams are committed to playing this weekend, they may choose to do so.
If a team elects to not play and reschedule a match scheduled for this weekend to 4/11, please inform the persons you would inform for a weather-related rescheduling by 12:00PM on Friday, March 13, 2020. The list of people who need to be informed can be found in Section 16 of the RRRC Match Cancellation & Reschedule Policy
Do *not* reschedule matches for any other weekend. All other dates are currently blacked out as part of our contingency planning. The only changes that will be approved right now are matches this weekend moving to 4/11.
Expect guidance on the rest of the season by Wednesday of next week. If further guidance from USA Rugby becomes available, we will update you immediately.
Thank you for attention in this matter.