The Senior Club Rugby Council is seeking nominations for its representative on the USAR Board of Directors and to the USAR Nominating Committee. The Senior Club Rugby Council is seeking a diverse pool of candidates for each role that meets the qualifications outlined below.
Senior Club Rugby Council Representative to the USAR Board of Directors
USA Rugby is governed by a Board of Directors. The Board consists of three Community Rugby Council Representative Directors, four Athlete Representative Directors and four independent Directors. The Senior Club Rugby Council is charged with appointing one USAR Director. Director Duties
- Representing Council interests on the USAR Board of Directors. This entails providing opportunity for full consideration by the Council and Executive Committee of pending USAR issues of importance including USAR bylaw amendments, member dues proposals, fundamental structural changes and the election of USAR at-large Directors or removal of USAR Directors;
- Regular communication of Board and Council/Executive Committee activities one to the other;
- Representing the true and broad desires of the Senior Club Rugby community to the USAR Board;
Successful Director candidates will be USAR members and will have had various leadership experiences that demonstrate the targeted Skills and Knowledges outlined below.
USA Rugby Nominating Committee Representative
USA Rugby’s bylaws outline a Board of Directors Nominating Committee tasked with nominating the four independent directors. The Senior Club Rugby Council is charged with appointing one member of the Committee.
Nominating Committee Representative Duties
- Solicit, review, evaluate and screen prospective candidates.
- Interview candidates with open but focused questions.
- Compare candidate qualifications against targeted leadership needs of the Board.
- Maintain confidentiality throughout the process.
Successful Nominating Committee Representative candidates will be USAR members and will have had various leadership experiences that demonstrate the targeted Skills and Knowledge outlined below.
Knowledge and Skills necessary to success in these roles:
- Familiarity with USA Rugby’s and the Senior Club Rugby Council’s mission, vision, values, and goals
- Familiarity with USA Rugby’s and the Senior Club Rugby Council’s governing structure and policies
- Ability to always keep the big picture in mind while paying attention to details
- Ability to think critically, ask questions, and challenge opinions in delicate conversations
- Ability to effectively communicate with a culturally and linguistically diverse team of other committee members orally and in writing
- Ability to achieve practical consensus in group discussions
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of candidates
- Ability to be objective at all times about what is best for the whole of USA Rugby
- Ability to effectively collaborate as well as work independently and online
- Ability to interact with other committee members in a group setting, both contributing to, and valuing the contributions of all members
Sorry. This form is no longer available.