We’re so excited that you want to host a coach or referee course! Hosting a course has so many benefits!
Why host a course?
- Bring more trained coaches or referees to your area
- Educate your players, parents, coaches
- Note each course will need at least 8-10 participants to be viable
- Revenue opportunity for members of your community
- Increase the local quality of the game
- Provide your players, parents, coaches the resources they need to become referees
If you are interested in hosting a training course for your organization:
Determine a location for the course. You will need both classroom space and gymnasium or field space.
- If you plan to use field space, be sure to have a contingency plan for bad weather
- You or the rental facility must provide AV equipment (projector, AV cords, etc.)
Determine a date/ time for the course. Training courses run from two hours to two days, depending on the course. Be sure to reserve ample time at your course location.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule with our IRB accredited educators.
Day of the Course:
You will potentially need:
- AV Equipment (if not provided by the site)
- Speakers (if laptop speakers are not loud enough)
- Extension cords/ power strips
- Lunch for instructor and participants