It is the policy of the Texas Rugby Union that each and every player, coach, referee, administrator and club will comply with the USA Rugby’s Club and Individual Participation Program (CIPP) for ALL matches.
To be in good standing with the TRU, all dues have to be paid & processed 30 days before each competitive season. TRU Dues are now collected through the USA Rugby CIPP system.
USA RUGBY & TRU DUES
- All clubs should complete on-line registration for their club and players using the USA Rugby Membership Services website.
- When the on-line registration occurs via the USA Rugby website, the club and player dues to USA Rugby and TRU are paid at the same time.
NOTE: The TRU requires that all Texas clubs register their club and players using the USA Rugby Membership Services website, thus implementing the long standing policy of all the sport’s sanctioning bodies that all players and referees must be CIPP registered before participating in ANY rugby match.
- No club will be allowed to play players who are not officially listed on their clubs USA CIPP roster.
- The TRU will be checking the CIPP rosters for all Texas clubs and will be aware of any club that attempts to play games with any players who are not officially registered. If any club attempts to do this, then they will be subject to disciplinary actions, as will any club who plays against a team with unregistered players.
- All players will still be required to sign a hard copy of the USA Rugby member liability waiver. Once a member’s online registration is complete, an e-mail will automatically be sent to the club or member to confirm their registration status.
- Coaches should access the forms specific to them. As a reminder, all collegiate teams are REQUIRED to have on their roster a registered coach (it is to your advantage to register all coaches, not just one). As per USA Rugby directive, all coaches at the youth, high school and college level are subjected to a background check prior to being approved to coach at that level.
- Please ensure that the players read the back of the CIPP form and in doing so, agree & certify that they have insurance coverage. Failure to have insurance coverage will lead to the player’s suspension and the clubs suspension, in the event that they made no effort to inform the players of this requirement.
MINIMUM PLAYER ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Men’s Division I & II League Clubs are required to have a minimum of 34 players CIPP enrolled by their first scheduled league game for the upcoming season.
- Men’s Division III Clubs are required to have a minimum of 22 players CIPP enrolled by their first scheduled league game for the upcoming season.
- Women’s clubs should have a minimum of 17 players CIPP enrolled by their first scheduled league game for the upcoming season.
- Collegiate Clubs are required to have a minimum of 22 players CIPP enrolled by by their first scheduled league game for the upcoming season.
- All clubs are required to pay annual dues to USA Rugby which will be done via the on-line USA Rugby CIPP process. Additionally each club will be required to pay annual Club Registration dues using the on-line USA Rugby CIPP process.
For Clubs that have more than one competitive side entered (i.e. multiple divisions) please contact the Director of Competitions, Ron Watson for additional details.