In 28 days women’s rugby, and rugby in the US, will hit a huge milestone. On February 1&2, 12 women’s rugby teams from around the world will play for the first time in the United States as part of the inaugural IRB Women’s Sevens World Series. I’d like to highlight inaugural — meaning this is the first year the series has ever been played. The men’s sevens series has been played every year since 1999. The Series takes place in four global destinations, Dubai, USA, China and Amsterdam, and is a qualifying event for the 2016 Olympic Games.
Needless to say this is a huge event and opportunity to watch women’s international rugby, and we want you to be a part of it!
In honor of this milestone for women’s sevens rugby, here are 7 things every female rugby player can do:
- Like us at www.facebook.com/houston7s and Follow us on Twitterwww.twitter.com/Houston7s
- Share and RT something awesome that we’ve posted, like our promo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Make it a point to be there! Being a part of this event (and party) is only $15 and a cheap flight away!
- Buy group tickets, rent a bus — make some memories in Houston with your teammates. Call 713-547-3270 for group tickets.
- If you just can’t attend this year, help us introduce a young athlete to rugby and sponsor a kid here: https://secure.jotformpro.com/
- Make Houston 7s your cover photo this week! Download on our FB page.
- Forward this to your teammates and remind them why #Houston7s should be this year’s spring rugby trip!
As the days count down, we’ll be making announcements about party packages, party buses, family tickets packs, groups sales, fan festivals, ticket giveaways, and more on our social media pages. And, during the tournament we’ll be sure to update you on broadcasting information scores and player interviews. So like, follow, share and RT!
The Promotions Team
Follow Team USA Rugby Residents on their Athlete Pages for updated info and pics!
Kimber Rozier: http://www.facebook.
Katie Dowty: http://www.facebook.
Vanesha McGee: http://www.facebook.
Deven Owsiany: http://www.facebook.
Nathalie Marchino: http://www.facebook.
Bui Baravilala: http://www.
Kelly Griffin: http://www.facebook.
Kaelene Lundstrum: http://www.
Jillion Potter: http://www.facebook.
Christy Ringgenberg: http://www.