Level 1 Coaching Match Officials
The purpose of this course is to introduce the concept and role of referee coaching to enable assistance and guidance to develop the referee.
Where: Sleep Inn & Suites Austin (8410 Highway 290 East Austin, TX 78724)
Time: 8 – 5 pm
The TRU recommends that all area teams send at least one member of their coaching staff to this course. To encourage participation TRRA would like to offer the first five registered participants will receive a full reimbursement of the CMO course fee.
Also the team with the most representatives a full reimbursement of the CMO course fees. Reimbursement is contingent on:
- Confirmed attendance by hosts
- Completion of all course requirements
- Register for course by Thursday, Sep 31st
- Current USA Rugby membership
More Details of the Course
A one day, course to introduce the concept and role of referee coaching to enable assistance and guidance to develop the referee, focusing on the following:
- The principles rugby;
- The planning needed for effective coaching;
- Observation skills and analysis;
- Review document preparation;
- Use of video;
- Reading the game and identifying trends;
- The concept of materiality;
- The REVIEW process;
- Questioning and listening skills;
- Using the competence based review approach.
Lead Educator: Stephen Parrill
- Register for course at https://webpoint.usarugby.org/wp15/Events2/ViewEvt.wp?EventID=1571
- Notify Traci Schmidtke at email@example.com no later than October 1, 2014.