With participation programs such as Rookie Rugby and Try On Rugby, USA Rugby has seen more players and coaches become members. As USA Rugby continues to grow, it is essential that the protection of our teams through the education of coaches is of utmost importance.
This year, all registered coaches must complete the four requirements to be a current coach. These requirements ensure that coaches can create a safe environment for players to learn at training and compete in games.
Monday, Nov. 3, registered coaches that are missing a component of the USA Rugby Coach Requirements will see their coaching status revert back to “pending.” To be “current,” a coach must:
- Register as a coach with USA Rugby
- Pass a biennial background screening
- Complete the Player Protection Package
- Concussion module
- Harassment Prevention module
- Complete a Rugby Coaching Certification Course
- Level 100 is the minimum requirement for all coaches
- Level 200 is recommended for all contact coaches and to be in compliance every team must have an “active” Level 200 coach registered
All registered coaches with missing requirements will receive an email Friday, Oct. 24. The email will list the steps required to gain “current” coaching status. For more information on the coach requirements, please go to usarugby.org/coaching or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.