The Texas Rugby Union and Red River Rugby Conference Men’s D2/D3 Club Championships will take place in the DFW (North) area this year on May 16-17, 2015. We are officially requesting host bids at this time!
Bids are due March 20, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be reviewed by Luke Turner (D2 Men’s Club Rep), Otis Parker (D3 Men’s Club Rep), Traci Schmidtke (Women’s Club Rep) and Wendy Young (TRU Admin). Hosts will be selected by April 1, 2015 and the announcement will be placed on the TRU website.
Hosting a Championship Rugby Event is a huge responsibility and we’d like all event hosts to be successful. We’ve found that having an Event Checklist can help run a smooth event and puts the TRU/RRC in the best light possible.
What does it mean to host a Texas Rugby sanctioned event?
- Hosts and administrators are committed to showcasing a safe and professional event!
- All players, coaches and participants are covered under USA Rugby Insurance.
- Event hosts ensure that all TRU & USA Rugby Safety Guidelines are followed.
Minimum Event Host Requirements:
- Ensure that the Event complies with all of TRU & USA Rugby’s safety requirements and guidelines, rules, regulations, policies, directives, decisions and all procedures set forth by USA Rugby are in effect at the time of the Event.
- Confirm that all participating clubs and all participating participants, including athletes, coaches, referees and officials are CIPP registered with USA Rugby.
- Reserve or obtain permission and all applicable permits from local jurisdictions for the use of fields, venues, facilities, etc.
- Conduct the Event in accordance with the current competitive rules as specified in the applicable TRU/RRRC & USA Rugby rule book or IRB rules.
- Accept full responsibility for the management of this Event and any parties it employs, recruits and contracts with to assist with the production of said Event, including but not limited to, the supervision of paid and non-paid employees and volunteers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.