The bid process for the RRRC Championships on May 7-8, 2016 has now been opened up to all regions. We encourage all Clubs that have the ability or desire to host a Championship event to submit a bid. As this year’s event will include the top men’s D2 & D3 clubs and the top women’s D1 & D2 clubs we are strongly recommending facilities that can offer two fields.
In a desire to be fully transparent, the TRU did receive one bid but unfortunately due to safety and available fields that entry could not be accepted. We have encouraged that club to submit another bid if they can secure other optimal fields.
Applications are now due April 15, 2016 and will be reviewed by Luke Turner (D2 Men’s Club Rep), Otis Parker (D3 Men’s Club Rep), Nick James (Women’s Club Rep) and Wendy Young (TRU Admin). Hosts will be selected by April 18, 2016 and the announcement will be placed on the TRU website.
Submit event host application and host agreement.
What does it mean to host a Texas Rugby sanctioned event?
- Hosts and administrators are committed to showcasing a safe and professional event!
- All players, coaches and participants are covered under USA Rugby Insurance.
- Event hosts ensure that all TRU & USA Rugby Safety Guidelines are followed.
Minimum Event Host Requirements:
- Ensure that the Event complies with all of TRU & USA Rugby’s safety requirements and guidelines, rules, regulations, policies, directives, decisions and all procedures set forth by USA Rugby are in effect at the time of the Event.
- Confirm that all participating clubs and all participating participants, including athletes, coaches, referees and officials are CIPP registered with USA Rugby.
- Reserve or obtain permission and all applicable permits from local jurisdictions for the use of fields, venues, facilities, etc.
- Conduct the Event in accordance with the current competitive rules as specified in the applicable RRRC & USA Rugby rule book or World Rugby rules.
- Accept full responsibility for the management of this event and any parties it employs, recruits and contracts with to assist with the production of said Event, including but not limited to, the supervision of paid and non-paid employees and volunteers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.