The University of Texas at Austin Women’s Rugby Club is looking for a new head coach, starting in August 2016. This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Texas Women’s Rugby:
Is a competitive Division I collegiate team in the Southwestern Women’s Rugby Conference. The team plays 15’s matches in the fall and 7’s tournaments in the spring, and has competed nationally in both. As a student run organization, we are sustained by the passion our team has for rugby.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop team strategies and game plan
- Plan and run organized, efficient practices (twice weekly)
- Work with and improve the skill level of both new and experienced players
- Communicate effectively with club officers and captains, considering their feedback
- Maintain good standing with other coaches and teams
- Attend and coach all matches, travel required (match travel expenses paid by club)
- At least Level 100 coaching certification with USA Rugby (preferably 200)
- Knowledgeable about all aspects of the game, including both 7’s and 15’s
- Knowledgeable about safety of the game
- Previous rugby coaching experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively with players, club officers and captains
Contact Information and Application:
Interested applicants should email a resume/CV including references and a brief letter of application to club president Mica Kohl (email@example.com). Any questions should be directed here as well.