The bidding for the right to host a 2017 Red River Rugby Conference (RRRC) 7s Qualifying Tournament has opened. This year the 7s committee has added a fourth tournament in order to raise the level of competition and to allow for teams to have more opportunities to ensure that all of their players are eligible and have more playing time.
The Austin Huns will host the first tournament in partnership with their existing Bloodfest 7s tournament on June 17, 2017. Teams will then travel to a North venue in Oklahoma, Louisiana or Arkansas on June 24, 2017. The series will take a break over the 4th of July holiday and then meet at a South location in Austin, San Antonio or Houston. The final stop will be July 22, 2017 in the Central area with a host preferably in Dallas or Fort Worth.
If your club is interested in hosting a RRRC 7s qualifier, please complete the host application by April 8, 2017:
- June 17, 2017 – Bloodfest 7s (Austin, TX)
- Men’s RRRC will be 2 day qualifier with pool play in the afternoon of day 1 (Saturday) and knock out rounds in the morning of day 2 (Sunday) / Women’s RRRC will remain a 1-day tournament (Saturday).
- June 24, 2017 – North (looking for host in OK, LA or AR)
- July 8, 2016 – South (looking for host in Austin, San Antonio or Houston area)
- July 22, 2017 – Central (looking for host in DFW area)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the RRRC 7s Director, Filip Keuppens at firstname.lastname@example.org or (716) 435-5757, RRRC 7s Women’s Director Wendy Young, email@example.com or Assistant RRRC 7s Director, TeShay Flowers at firstname.lastname@example.org.