RUGBY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – Fixed Term, Contracted Position
The Rugby Development Officer will work with USA Rugby Youth & HS and Rugby Texas to develop new playing opportunities and USA Rugby members.
Term of Contract: From date of execution through Dec 31, 2017.
- Participation opportunities: USA Rugby Membership programs that meet 2 or more times.
- Educational Activities: All activities that train adults in an aspect of supporting youth rugby, coaching, teaching, administrative, referee, etc.
- Outreach activities: All participation activities that do not require a USA Rugby membership. These may be free clinics, school PE courses, etc.
- Implement a defined “premier season” for Rookie Rugby in Rugby Texas.
- Usually June-July in other SROs, this is a 6-8 week recreational season which includes regular round-robins on the weekend, once or twice a week practices, and a season-culminating festival.
- Track and manage 20 total new rookie rugby clubs, rookie rugby leagues or youth programs for 5-12 year olds.
- 10 new club participation opportunities.
- 10 new community based organization participation opportunities.
- at least 5 of these opportunities are girls-focused participation opportunities
- Meet bi-monthly to review current registration numbers in USA Rugby database.
- Offer and track educational activities in co-ordination with every participation activity.
- Develop a calendar with clearly identified coaching, refereeing and administrative plans for each participation target.
- Texas Markets: Dallas, Houston, Austin/San Antonio
- Outline and develop a 5-12 strategy with stakeholders for execution targets in summer, fall, and 2018 in line with experience and the above growth deliverables.
- Develop a calendar and strategy for any outreach activities.
- Clearly show connection between outreach activities and participation activities.
- Maintain a list of all participants, USA Rugby waivers, and parent emails.
- Submit outreach activity logs at www.rookierugby.com
- Communicate weekly with USA Rugby to document progress and coordinate future activities.
- Document and deliver all expenses in a timely manner, communicate expected expenses ahead of expenditures.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Sales experience desired.
- Experience working with coaches or teachers.
- Coaching experience, particularly with young children, ages 5-12.
- Highly organized and structured.
- Previous experience with budgets including creation, monitoring and management.
- Experience with social media.
- Ability to work across multiple departments and manage time effectively.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Relocation expenses will not be provided by USA Rugby.
- Contract evaluated by the USA Rugby Youth Programs Manager.