The TOLA Series has had two stops, first at Lone Star 7s and then this past weekend at Bloodfest 7s. So far for the men, the Austin Blacks have taken both tournaments and stand atop the standings. It is worth mentioning that technically there is a four way tie for number one in the men’s series with the Blacks, Huns, Lone Star and Reds all at eight points.
Likewise, in the women’s series the Austin Valkyries stand on top but the Dallas Harlequins aren’t far behind.
The next TOLA tournament is this weekend, June 24 at Tornado Alley 7s in Norman, OK. No women’s teams are planning on attending, so it will just be a men’s event. We hope you’ll join us!
View all of the TOLA tournaments for 2017.
|3||University of Oklahoma||4|
|5||Los Pajeros (A&M Alumni)||1|
TOLA Points System
- 6 points are awarded to the winning team of each TOLA Series Tournament.
- 4 points awarded to the runner up team of each TOLA Series Tournament.
- 3 points awarded to the third place team of each TOLA Series Tournament.
- 2 points awarded to the fourth place team of each TOLA Series Tournament.
- 2 points awarded to the winner of any consolation bracket of each TOLA Series Tournament
- 1 bonus point awarded for each tournament entered. This includes all tournaments (TOLA and Social) registered on the TOLA website.
- 1 social point for each team that shows up with 5 or more players to the pub crawl / after party in costume, takes a group photo, and sends it to the TOLA Chair by Monday following the tournament.
- 2 “at large” points may be awarded at each TOLA Series events by the TOLA board for a team or teams (1 pt. each) that display character that exemplifies the spirit of rugby.
- Examples of behavior that will be considered for these points include travelling a great distance, entering multiple teams, assisting the tournament hosts in some way, playing up a division to fill a bracket, etc.