2019 TRU & RRRC Championships
The TRU and RRRC Championships will take place on May 4-5, 2019. Last year we held separate events but we've determined that a combined venue would be best. If interested in hosting, please read on!
The TRU and RRRC Championships will take place on May 4-5, 2019. We are officially requesting host applications at this time!
As this is a combined event this year, the participating divisions are:
- RRRC – May 4-5
- Men’s D2
- Women’s D2
- Men’s D3
- TRU – May 5
- Women’s D3
- Men’s D4
RRRC Men’s and Women’s D1 will satisfy their champions through regular league play and will not participate in the championship event.
Applications are due February 15, 2019 and will be reviewed by Marcus Leming (RRRC D2 Men’s), Nick James (TRU Women’s), John Kurylas (TRU D3 Men’s) and Wendy Young (TRU Admin).
Hosts will be selected by February 20 and the announcement will be placed on the TRU website.
What does it mean to host a Championship event?
- Hosts and administrators are committed to showcasing a safe and professional event!
- All players, coaches and participants are covered under USA Rugby Insurance.
- Event hosts ensure that all TRU & USA Rugby Safety Guidelines are followed.
Minimum Event Host Requirements:
- Ensure that the Event complies with all of TRU & USA Rugby’s safety requirements and guidelines, rules, regulations, policies, directives, decisions and all procedures set forth by USA Rugby are in effect at the time of the Event.
- Confirm that all participating clubs and all participating participants, including athletes, coaches, referees and officials are CIPP registered with USA Rugby.
- Reserve or obtain permission and all applicable permits from local jurisdictions for the use of fields, venues, facilities, etc.
- Conduct the event in accordance with the current competitive rules as specified in the applicable RRRC & USA Rugby rule book or World Rugby rules.
- Accept full responsibility for the management of this event and any parties it employs, recruits and contracts with to assist with the production of said Event, including but not limited to, the supervision of paid and non-paid employees and volunteers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.