The University of Texas Women’s Rugby Club is looking for a new head coach starting in August 2019. This is a position with a stipend of $400 per semester.
Texas Women’s Rugby is a collegiate rugby club and is part of the Texas Rugby Union, Red River Conference. This is a student-run organization under the University of Texas at Austin.
- 2 years higher level playing experience
- Thorough knowledge of tackling, rucking, and scrum safely, both 15s and 7s
- 1-3 years prior coaching experience
- USA Rugby Level 200 Coaching Certification
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop game plan and strategies
- Plan and run organized, efficient practices
- Provide individual feedback to and improve skills of both new and experienced players
- Communicate promptly with team officers and captains
- Properly represent the University and UT RecSports in events and matches
- Attend and coach practice 6p to 8p on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Must attend and coach weekend matches and tournaments, with potential to travel the night prior
Applicants should email a short resume/CV including two references and a letter of application to club president Marissa Dunagan at email@example.com . Questions should be directed here as well.