Following the recent USAR Statement regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus) which can be found here, TRU wishes to share with members the following suggestions:
- Avoid close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections;
- Wash your hands frequently, especially after direct contact with ill people or their environment;
- People with symptoms of acute respiratory infection should practice cough etiquette (maintain distance, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing, and wash their hands).
- Preferably avoid handshakes when greeting players and opponents;
- Use individual water bottles; do not share them;
- Towels, uniforms and training bibs should not be shared, if possible. Frequent laundry of these items is suggested;
- Training equipment should be cleaned following session.
Given the evolving elements of this matter, USA Rugby will continue to be in constant contact with the CDC, USOPC and World Rugby in terms of new information and guidance. Updates and necessary information will be communicated directly to the membership via email, the USA Rugby website newsfeed and social media channels.
TRU will continue to notify members if anything changes.
Comments are closed.