The RRRC and TRU Championships will take place on April 23-24, 2022. We are officially requesting host applications at this time!
The preliminary schedule calls for matches on Saturday and Sunday. Participating divisions are:
- RRRC – Apr 23-24
- *Men’s D1 (Saturday semi-finals, Sunday finals)
- **Women’s D1
- Men’s D2 (Saturday semi-finals, Sunday finals)
- Women’s D2 (Saturday semi-finals, Sunday finals)
- Men’s D3 (Saturday semi-finals, Sunday finals)
- TRU – Apr 24
- Women’s D3 (TBC)
- Men’s D4 (TBC)
*Men’s D1 playoff matches are tentative and will only be played if all regular season matches which would have an impact on advancement of a champion cannot be played due to a league-wide stoppage in play declared by the TRU / Competitions Committee.
**Women’s D1 plays crossover league matches with Rocky Mountain and the overall #1 in league standings will host the overall #2 in a playoff match on a TBC date.
RRRC / TRU reserve the right to change the schedule of matches on Red River Championship weekend to accommodate referee availability and selected venue constraints. A final schedule will be published after selection of a venue for the event.
Applications are due February 28 and will be reviewed by Marcus Leming (RRRC D2 Men’s), John Kurylas (RRRC / TRU D3 Men’s), Kat Roche (RRRC At Large / TRU Admin) and Wendy Young (RRRC WD1 / TRU Admin), then voted on by the full RRRC Committee and TRU Board.
Hosts will be selected by March 4 and the announcement will be placed on the TRU website.
USA Rugby 2022 & 2023 Men’s and Women’s National XVs Championship
USA Club Rugby is now accepting host bids for the 2022 & 2023 Men’s and Women’s National XVs Championship, as well as the 2022 & 2023 Men’s and Women’s National 7s Championship. The Men’s Division 1, 2, & 3 and Women’s Division 1 & 2 playoffs will conclude with National Semi-Finals and National Championship event played at the host location on May 20-22, 2022. The Men’s and Women’s National 7s Championship event will feature 40+ teams playing at the host location on August 13-14, 2022. USA Club Rugby is also accepting bids for 2023 for these same events, which will be held May 19-21, 2023 and August 12-13, 2023.
Bids are reviewed and approved based on a variety of factors including field quality, staffing, safety issues, financial independence, support from local match officials and local tourism groups, and venue conditions. Additional priority will go toward venues that are within one hour from a major international airport and can offer affordable accommodation and transportation for teams.
Teams interested in hosting can apply by registering your venue, and submitting host application found at the links provided:
Register Your Venue
Submit Your Host Application
USA Club Rugby will be accepting bids until February 18, 2022. It is expected that the 2022 National XVs Championship and 2022 National 7s Championship venues will be selected and announced no later than March 1, 2022. The 2023 events may also be awarded at the same time based on the proposals received.
If you have any questions regarding the National Championship host bid process, please contact Erik Geib.
What does it mean to host a Championship event?
- Hosts and administrators are committed to showcasing a safe and professional event!
- All players, coaches and participants are covered under USA Rugby Insurance.
- Event hosts ensure that all TRU & USA Rugby Safety Guidelines are followed.
Minimum Event Host Requirements:
- Ensure that the Event complies with all of TRU & USA Rugby’s safety requirements and guidelines, rules, regulations, policies, directives, decisions and all procedures set forth by USA Rugby are in effect at the time of the Event.
- Confirm that all participating clubs and all participating participants, including athletes, coaches, referees and officials are CIPP registered with USA Rugby.
- Reserve or obtain permission and all applicable permits from local jurisdictions for the use of fields, venues, facilities, etc.
- Conduct the event in accordance with the current competitive rules as specified in the applicable RRRC & USA Rugby rule book or World Rugby rules.
- Accept full responsibility for the management of this event and any parties it employs, recruits and contracts with to assist with the production of said Event, including but not limited to the supervision of paid and non-paid employees and volunteers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.