NOTE: RRRC 7s and TOLA information for 2014 can be found here.
What is the TOLA 7s Series?
TOLA was started in 2009 by a few different teams and was created to promote a 7s Series in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas. The series is semi-competitive but also allows for social teams to participate. Late in 2009, a women’s bracket was added and so this series is bigger and better than ever before! We think the best part of the series is that we get to travel to fun rugby tournaments, meet new people and the points system is designed to make the Series fun and competitive.
David Yeoman -Men’s Co-Chair
Fil Keuppens – Men’s Co-Chair
Wendy Young – Women’s Chair
2013 TOLA Schedule:
Bloodfest 7s: 6-15-13
Lone Star Classic: 7-13-13
Cherrybone Memorial: 7-27-13
Horse Shoe 7s: 8-10-13 (the TOLA finals)
2012 TOLA Schedule:
Grand Poobah, Denton (Seeding Tournament): 5/26
Lonestar, Dallas (1st Qualifier): 6/2
River City, San Antonio: 6/9
Bloodfest, Austin: 6/16
West Qualifier, Houston: 6/23
USA v Italy in Houston: 6/23
Cherrybone, Woodlands: 7/21
Shreveport (Finals): 8/11
- 6 points are awarded to the winning team of each TOLA Series Tournament
- 4 points awarded to the runner up team of each TOLA Series Tournament
- 3 points awarded to the third place team of each TOLA Series Tournament
- 2 points awarded to the fourth place team of each TOLA Series Tournament
- 2 points awarded to the winner of any consolation bracket of each TOLA Series Tournament
- 1 bonus point awarded for each tournament entered. This includes all tournaments (TOLA and Social) registered on the TOLA website
- 2 “at large” points may be awarded at each TOLA Series events by the TOLA board for a team or teams (1 pt. each) that display character that exemplifies the spirit of rugby.
- Examples of behavior that will be considered for these points include travelling a great distance, entering multiple teams, assisting the tournament hosts in some way, playing up a division to fill a bracket, etc.
Follow us on Facebook to see updated standings and results.
They do exist, check the TRU Calendar or The Rugby Calendar to see them. Thanks!