We will be celebrating the third class of the Texas Rugby Union Hall of Fame on August 25, 2018 at the Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria. We hope you’ll join us to celebrate those lives and careers that are inextricably woven into the fabric of our history.
The evening will begin with a cocktail hour and then we will move into the banquet room for a formal dinner. Attire for the event is semi-formal or “Black Tie Optional”.
We’re so excited to announce that Gary Gold, coach of the USA National Men’s Team, will be in attendance and be our honorary guest speaker. With the historic win over Scotland still fresh on everyone’s mind, and with an eye toward the Eagles tour to Spain and Ireland in November and the World Cup in 2019, his remarks should be very interesting.
Schedule of Events
- 6:00 PM – Cocktail Hour (cash bar)
- 7:00 PM – Opening Remarks
- 7:15 PM – Dinner served
- 7:45 PM – TRU Pins Presentations
- 8:00 PM – Gary Gold – Honorary Speaker
- 8:30 PM – Awards
Tickets can be purchased by clicking on the “tickets” tab above; all tickets must be purchased by August 20.
Ed Brown, Houston Rugby Club
Mike Geach, Referee
La Thaddeus Hill, Sr., Fort Worth RFC
Andrew Locke, St. Thomas HS
Lowell Locke, Houston Old Boys
Julia, McCoy, ARPTC
Kirk Tate, Austin Huns RFC
Bill Taute, Austin RFC
Ron Watson, Dallas Harlequins
If you have any questions or concerns about the TRU HOF, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current TRU HOF Members*
*Those present at 2017 banquet.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria [2001 Post Oak Blvd, Houston, TX 77056 – MAP] for August 24 – August 25, 2018.
Booking a reservation is simple using this link: https://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/I/IAHWSHH-TXRU-20180821/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
This special room rate will be available until August 10 or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
SOLD OUTTickets are $75 a head and must be purchased by August 20, 2018. Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button below and you can pay through Paypal or use the credit card option on the screen. If you would prefer to purchase directly, please email Wendy at email@example.com.
In 2016 we were ecstatic to introduce the Texas Rugby Union Hall of Fame, a year-long celebration of individuals whose lives or careers are inextricably woven into the fabric of our history. In the first year, we inducted 10 nominees and we will look to inducting more each following year.
- All TRU members past and present are eligible.
- It is highly recommended that nominees are submitted based on their “body of work” and growth of rugby in the Texas Rugby Union. If the individual was only involved in one area (example as only a player or just a coach) the submission would have to be that much more extraordinary to be considered.
Selection and voting of the HOF members will be done by current HOF members and TRU Board members.
- Nominees cannot vote for themselves and will be required to recuse themselves.
- Each voter will select their top five nominees in order from top to bottom, with a one as their highest pick. After tabulation, the top five most voted will be inducted into the HOF.
- Votes will be collected digitally and announced on the TRU website.
All TRU HOF members or TRU current members are eligible to receive commemorative pins. Here is a quick breakdown of what each pin indicates:
- WHITE – Board or Congress member
- RED – TRU play
- BLUE – Rep side play
- GOLD – HOF