We will be celebrating the 2020 and fifth class of the Texas Rugby Union Hall of Fame in
late August in Fort Worth, TX in September in a to be confirmed location. We hope you’ll join us to celebrate those lives and careers that are inextricably woven into the fabric of our history!
For more details about this class, please refer to the original announcement.
Schedule of Events
The evening will begin with a cocktail hour and then we will move into the banquet room for a formal dinner. Attire for the event is semi-formal or “Black Tie Optional”.
- 6:00 PM – Cocktail Hour (cash bar)
- 7:00 PM – Opening Remarks
- 7:15 PM – Dinner served (open seating)
- 7:45 PM – TRU Pins Presentations
- 8:00 PM – Honorary Speaker
- 8:30 PM – Awards
Where: TBC [MAP]
Tickets are $75 per person or you can purchase a table for 10 people for $650 (saves you $100). Tickets must be purchased by August 15.
Click the ‘Add to Cart’ button below and you can pay through Paypal or use the credit card option on the next screen. To purchase multiple tickets use the ‘Add to Cart’ button and then adjust the quantity on the next screen.
If you would prefer to purchase directly, please email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 2016 we were ecstatic to introduce the Texas Rugby Union Hall of Fame, a year-long celebration of individuals whose lives or careers are inextricably woven into the fabric of our history. In the first year, we inducted 10 nominees and we will look to induct more each following year.
- All TRU members past and present are eligible.
- It is highly recommended that nominees are submitted based on their “body of work” and growth of rugby in the Texas Rugby Union. If the individual was only involved in one area (example as only a player or just a coach) the submission would have to be that much more extraordinary to be considered.
Selection and voting of the HOF members will be done by current HOF members and TRU Board members. They have identified the following criteria on which they will base their decision.
- Longevity of service
- Diversity of roles and areas of service (player, coach, referee, administrator, supporter, etc.)
- Visibility (recognition on a regional, national, international stage, bringing honor to Texas rugby).
- Skill, achievement as a player.
- Leadership in some or all the above categories.
- Character; difficult to define, but easy to recognize.
All TRU HOF members or TRU current members are eligible to receive commemorative pins. Here is a quick breakdown of what each pin indicates:
- WHITE – Board or Congress member
- RED – TRU play
- BLUE – Rep side play
- GOLD – HOF