Serevi Rugby® is excited to bring our Skills Camp to Dallas, TX on Saturday, November 23rd and Sunday, November 24th, from 10am – 3pm at the Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas.
This Skills Camp will be an experience you can’t get anywhere else as we are proud to announce that long-time England 7s captain and IRB All-time highest point scorer Ben Gollings and current USA Eagle Women’s player, Emilie Bydwell will be in Dallas to develop the rugby skills and understanding of all in attendance.
Ben will be joined by USA Eagle Emilie Bydwell and USA Falcon Matt Trouville as well as the Serevi® crew of international assistant coaches to create a one of a kind rugby camp that will grow your game faster and further than you knew possible. Whether it’s your first time passing a rugby ball or you’re the star of your team, you need to be at camp learning from the best.
A Serevi Rugby® Skills Camp specifically designed to increase the skill level of all participants (girls & boys). Players are segmented based on age & ability to ensure that everyone is appropriately challenged. Age breakouts are as follows:
• Collegiate/Adult 18+
• High School 15-19
• Middle School 12-14
• Elementary 7-11
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Players will be grouped by age & ability
• The day will combine drills, game scenarios and game play
• Players will rotate in their groups from coach to coach
WHAT WILL WE FOCUS ON?
The focus will be on execution of core rugby skills with increasing amounts of game-like pressure. Specifically, we will zero in on:
• Catch and pass with speed and pressure progressions
• Decision making
• Ruck and breakdown
• Situational games
• Game play
WHY SHOULD I GO?
• You get to learn from rugby legend Ben Gollings
• Past participants rave about this programming and the difference it has made in their games
• The difference between your skills at 10am on Saturday to 3pm on Sunday will be remarkable. We promise!
• You get to compete in frequent game scenarios
• It’s just plain fun!
Ben Gollings is known as one of the greatest seven’s players of-all-time and he has the records to prove it. Ben is the IRB All-time highest point scorer with 2,652 points and 70 international caps for England. Ben’s creativity and vision as a play maker during his playing career has carried over to his coaching success.
Ben also played for over 10 years in the Premiership for Gloucester, Bath, Harlequins, Newcastle and others, reaching as high as the England A 15s side in 2001.