RX is currently encountering a problem displaying Iframe embeds and so we are not able to show Fixtures & Results on this page as we normally do. We have already initiated a support ticket with their support team, but while we await a resolution, you can access these embeds using the button below.
The TRU oversees seven divisions encompassing both competitive and social club senior rugby across regions that include Texas, Shreveport, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Little Rock, Arkansas.
League matches leading up to the USA Club Rugby National Championships usually commence in mid-November. In addition to these fixtures, clubs also incorporate some social tournaments into their schedules, and the TRU hosts the Mary Graham All Stars (women’s) event during the autumn season. These events not only provide opportunities to get back into the groove but also play a pivotal role in nurturing player development.
- April 1, 2024 – Registration Deadline – Deadline to register as a player to be eligible for playoffs. (The player must still meet the other player eligibility requirements or obtain a waiver from the Senior Club Council Eligibility Committee).
- April 13, 2023 – MD3 Quarterfinal Round (see below for details).
- April 20-21, 2024 – Red River Championship Weekend
- May 4-5, 2024 – Gulf Coast Superregional Tournament (Round of 8)
- May 17-19, 2024 – USA Rugby Finals Weekend
Playoffs & SeedingThe winner of the Red River Conference Division 1 Championship, will advance to the USA Men’s Division 1 Semifinal on the National Finals Weekend (May 17, 2024).
Playoffs & SeedingTo be confirmed.
Playoffs & SeedingThe TRU / Red River Championship weekend will be a four-team playoff, with the semi-finals on Saturday, April 22, 2023 pitting the North #1 vs South #2, and South #1 vs North #2. The winners of those two matches will advance to the Red River Men’s D2 final on Sunday, April 23, 2023. The winner of the Red River Conference will advance to the USA Rugby National Playoffs (Round of 8) on May 6-7, 2023, as the Red River Men’s D2 Champion. If the Men’s D2 Red River Champion wins both Round of 8 matches, they will advance to the USA Rugby Men’s D2 Semifinal match on the National Finals Weekend (June 2-4, 2023).
Women’s D2 clubs will play the other clubs of their conference (North and South) both home and away. Points will be awarded per league match and recorded in Rugby Xplorer in order to rank clubs for playoffs.
Playoffs & Seeding
The TRU / Red River Championship weekend will feature the participation of all eight teams, yet only the top four (the leading two from each subdivision) will have the opportunity to progress beyond the TRU / Red River Playoffs. The playoff semifinals, set for Saturday, April 22, 2023, will pair the North #1 against the South #2 and the South #1 against the North #2. The victors of these matches will secure a spot in the Red River Women’s D2 final, scheduled for Sunday, April 21, 2024.
On the same day, Saturday, April 20, 2024, the consolation semifinals will take place, with North #4 facing South #3 and North #3 taking on South #4. The winners of these matches will advance to the Consolation Final on Sunday, April 21, 2024. However, it’s important to note that the winner of the Consolation Final will not be eligible for further advancement.
The team crowned as the Red River Conference champion will move forward to the USA Rugby National Playoffs (Round of 8) scheduled for May 4-5, 2024, holding the title of the Red River Women’s D2 Champion.
If the Women’s D2 Red River Champion manages to win both Round of 8 matches, they will secure a spot in the USA Rugby Women’s D2 Semifinal match during the National Finals Weekend, set for May 18-19, 2024.
The Men’s D3 Competition consists of teams split into North, Central, South and D1-C (D1 Sides with D3 Sides) subdivisions. Clubs will play the other clubs in their subdivision both Home and Away.
Playoffs & Seeding
The top 8 Men’s D3 teams at the end of the regular season will play in a Quarterfinal Round.
The top two teams from each subdivision will advance to the Red River / TRU Quarterfinal Round (April 13, 2024) with the four subdivision winners hosting the 5th through 8th place teams. The four winners from the Quarterfinal Round will advance to the Red River Championship weekend (April 20-21, 2024).
Quarterfinal Format – 8 Teams
- Four Subdivision Winners and Four Second Place Teams will participate in the Quarterfinal Round, with the Subdivision Winners hosting.
- Subdivision Winners will be determined based on standings points within each subdivision, and if necessary, application of the tiebreakers.
- Seeding will be determined by weighted average standings points (Standings Points earned ÷ Maximum Possible Standings Points), with the exception that teams advancing from the same subdivision will not face each other in the Quarterfinal Round. Instead, the subdivision winner will play the next lowest seeded team from a different subdivision. This exception only applies to the MD3 quarterfinal round of playoffs. Teams will not be reseeded after the Quarterfinal Round.
- The four Quarterfinal Round Winners advance to the TRU / Red River Semi-Finals on Saturday, April 20, 2024.
- Red River Semi-Finals seeding will be:
- Semi-Final #1 – Top Seed vs. Lowest Seed from Quarterfinal Winners
- Semi-Final #2 – Remaining Quarterfinal Winners
The winners of the Semi-Finals will face off on Sunday, April 21, 2024 for the Red River Men’s D3 Championship. Red River Conference Champion will advance to the Gulf Coast Super Regional (Round of 8) on Saturday, May 4-5, 2024.
If the Men’s D3 Red River Champion wins both their Round of 8 matches, they will advance to the National Finals Weekend (May 18-19, 2024).
The women’s D3 structure remains consistent with the format introduced in 2019. Its primary objective is to optimize the time the ball is in play and enhance player development within a framework that offers greater applicability to XV’s rugby compared to the conventional 7s format. This approach is designed to expedite the progress of new players efficiently, enabling clubs to cultivate their skills more rapidly. It also ensures active engagement for experienced players and establishes a competitive setting as teams expand their rosters toward a full XV’s squad.
For full regulations, review the TRU Men’s D4 and Women’s D3 Division Regulations.