The Austin Valkyries Women’s Rugby Club is seeking a Head Coach beginning August 2013. The Austin Valkyries have been the most competitive women’s D1 program in Texas since 1991, placing as high as 9th and 6th in the nation in the last 8 years. Typically we have well over 30 players on our roster, with a select few who represent our team at higher level events, such as USA Rugby camps and training. We recruit heavily from the many outstanding Texas collegiate rugby programs, such as the University of Texas, Texas A&M, and Texas State University. We also have many new and developmental/social players as well.
We have an excellent organization, with an elected officer system and have many returning alumni who continue to contribute time, money and effort into maintaining a strong program. The Valkyries also have close ties with the men’s rugby teams, often joining forces with both the Austin Blacks and the Austin Huns.
We are seeking a Head Coach who can begin in August 2013 and who will assist in preparing and coaching us through our competitive season in Spring 2014.
Requirements include the following:
- Commitment for Fall 2013 through Spring 2014 at a minimum (August 2013 through June 2014).
- Able to plan and execute 2 practices a week, plus attend games on the weekends. Able to effectively manage forwards & backs split time, or able to coordinate assistance. If unable to attend practices regularly, we will consider an option to seek an Assistant Coach in cooperation with the selected Head Coach.
- Able to provide clear instruction, development and a variety of coaching methods for many different experience levels.
- Knowledge of current USAR laws, playing styles and coaching methods. Recent playing, coaching or referee experience a plus. Able to adapt coaching skills to the needs and goals of the team.
- Must be a very strong leader. Able to provide positive coaching, fair assessment/feedback, and have open communication with club officers and players in a fun, safe and welcoming environment.
If interested, please provide a resume and/or CV to the coaching committee at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your resume is received, a representative from the team’s coaching committee will contact you with further details and interview information.
The Austin Valkyries Women’s Rugby Club