The USA Club Rugby XVs deadline is approaching. Players must be registered ‘to the club,’ and players from overseas must be residing in the United States, before April 2, 2023, in order to be eligible for National Championship (NC) Qualifying matches.
Note: This deadline does not apply to club sevens or to the Women’s Premier League (WPL) competitions.
- Transfer | FAQs
- International Clearance
- Senior Club Eligibility Regulations, specifically 3.2, 3.4 and 3.5
- We recommend that all clubs begin reviewing your Eligibility Book or creating one if you haven’t already
- Review our earlier notice about expectations around transfers
This deadline applies to you if:
- currently registered with a club that is not the club they plan to play with for the remainder of the 2022-23 XVs competitive season.
- currently registered with a college team who plan to play with a senior club for the remainder of the 2022-23 XVs competitive season.
- who have not yet registered with USA Club Rugby for the 2022-23 XVs competitive season.
To be eligible to participate in NC Qualifying Matches, the player must appear on the public roster and squad list of the club they plan to represent before April 2nd.
To be eligible to participate in NC Qualifying Matches, all players from overseas must be residing in the United States before April 2nd AND have an approved International Clearance from their home union.
Transfer requests initiated in the Rugby Explorer/USA Rugby Membership Database before April 2, 2023, will be considered to have met the deadline.
If you have any questions please contact the Senior Club Eligibility Committee: email@example.com.
Key Terms and Definitions
- XVs Competitive Season. August 15th through the completion of the USA Club Rugby XVs National Championship.
- National Championship Qualifying Match. Any match in which the result is used to determine official Competition standings and/or to determine qualification for any USA Club Rugby Championship Event.
- Registration Deadline. Date by which a player must be registered to the Club and residing in the United States in order to participate in any Qualifying Event.