The season is just around the corner so we’re sharing our annual club reminders and guide!
USA Rugby Club Registration
- Renew your Club Registration with USA Rugby (includes paying Club dues) prior to your first match (friendly or league)
- Have a registered Level 200 coach certified by USA Rugby prior to your first match
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) CIPP’d players on your roster by September 30 or your first match
- Review team schedules in Who’s the Ref including:
- Kick off times
- Pitch location
- Review team schedules in CMS
- Review your teams contact information in Who’s the Ref
Review your teams contact information on the TRU public contact sheets(Contacts have been moved into WTR as of September 2017)
- Signup at least two representatives to receive TRU News
Match Day Procedures
While the match day procedures have been in place for 5+ years we continually have clubs that are non-compliant every week. Your team is responsible for knowing and following all policies or there may be competition or disciplinary sanctions: https://texasrugbyunion.com/administration/operating-policies/.
The TRU Board recently approved that all matches must now comply with sideline barriers with the addition of technical zones. Please review the new requirement around technical zones. This will be reflected in the Operating Procedures soon.
Don’t feel like making time for all this? You should be concerned that:
- Your club is unable to compete in any competitions, tournaments etc or advance to any USA Rugby events
- Your Club liability insurance through USAR is not valid and your club could be at risk
- The Texas Rugby Referee Association (TRRA) will not assign referees to your events
- Your club could face disciplinary or monetary sanctions from the TRU!
Note that USA Rugby issues regular reports to the TRU and TRRA on which clubs are compliant and which are not so it won’t be overlooked. Notices from the TRU Admin will go out on a bi-weekly basis starting this week.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the TRU Admin.