As mentioned in the most recent Board notes, the TRU Board has approved a process that would allow those clubs that are ready to participate in social matches or tournaments to do so. Clubs will have to meet certain requirements and be approved before being allowed to participate in Stage 4+ social matches or tournaments against other teams in the Union.
We aren’t quite at Stage 5 yet but these safety steps will allow us to play approved matches and get closer.
Any interested club should follow these steps:
- Review the Match/Tournament RTP Policy;
- Select a Club COVID Officer (CCO) and complete the CCO contact & agreement form;
- Have CCO and Coach CIPP and take World Rugby COVID Courses;
- Complete the Waiver Application Form;
- Have the CCO and a Club officer review, sign and return the Club Waiver Agreement;
- Complete the Match Add Form or Tournament Add Form for their home matches/tournament for which waivers are requested;
- Distribute, have signed, and collect the Participant Agreements and Liability Releases;
- Get their players, coaches, etc., to CIPP (or upgrade to full CIPP if necessary); and
- Use the Match Roster and follow the safety protocols on match day.
To be fully transparent, upon receipt of a waiver application, the TRU will:
- Review the application;
- Ensure sure the documentation is complete;
- Check the “GA-32 COVID % Capacity” figures for the clubs / locations involved;
- Confirm CIPPs for CCO, Coach & that there are enough players for type of match/tournament;
- Add match or tournament to WTR;
- Request TRRA assign a referee; and
- Issue the waiver (or deny it, if the criteria aren’t met/paperwork is incomplete)
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.