Role: TRU Women’s Division 3 Representative (Volunteer Position)
About the Position:
The TRU Women’s Division 3 Representative will work closely with the existing representative, Marie Wilson, to assist in organizing and supporting the existing Women’s Division 3 (WD3) clubs within the Texas Rugby Union. This volunteer position plays a crucial role in promoting the growth of women’s rugby and ensuring the smooth functioning of the WD3 competition.
- Organize and Coordinate WD3 Clubs: Collaborate with Marie Wilson and TRU officials to maintain regular communication with WD3 clubs, providing guidance, support, and information about league activities.
- Promote Growth: Actively engage in initiatives to grow women’s rugby in the TRU region, including identifying and recruiting new clubs, players, and coaches.
- Communication and Outreach: Serve as a point of contact for WD3 clubs, addressing their queries, concerns, and providing updates on TRU-related matters. Facilitate effective communication channels between clubs, TRU, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Game Scheduling and Logistics: Assist in coordinating the WD3 tournament schedule, working closely with clubs, match secretaries, and the TRU women’s representatives. Help ensure smooth match logistics and timely communication of fixtures.
- Liaison with TRU Board: Serve as a liaison between WD3 clubs and the TRU Board, sharing feedback, suggestions, and concerns, and contributing to decision-making processes related to women’s rugby.
- Passion for women’s rugby and a commitment to promoting the sport’s growth.
- Good understanding of the TRU Women’s Division 3 guidelines and structure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with club representatives, TRU officials, and other stakeholders.
- Organizational skills to manage club-related information, schedules, and communications.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Knowledge of club development strategies, player recruitment, and coaching is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth and development of women’s rugby within the TRU region.
- Gain valuable experience in sports administration, club development, and stakeholder management.
- Networking opportunities with rugby enthusiasts, officials, and players within the Texas Rugby Union.
- Satisfaction of volunteering for a worthy cause and contributing to the empowerment of women through sport.
To apply for the TRU Women’s Division 3 Representative position, please email your cover letter and rugby resume to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your commitment to women’s rugby in the Texas Rugby Union.
Note: This position is voluntary and does not offer financial compensation.