The review period has ended and the TRU / RRRC Competitions Committee has finalized the divisional alignments for the 2023-24 competitive season.
In its July 10 meeting, the Committee heard several appeals of the application of the TRU / Red River Promotion and Relegation Policy. Here are the results of those appeals. Details of the Clubs’ appeals and the Committee’s discussion can be found in the minutes from the Committee meeting.
Men’s Division 1
- GP MD1 relegated to MD2 / No appeal
Women’s Division 1
- Little Rock appealed promotion to WD1 / APPROVED. Little Rock will play in WD2 for 2023-24.
Men’s Division 2
- West Houston MD2 appealed relegation to MD3 / DENIED. West Houston will play in MD3 for 2022-23.
- San Antonio MD2 appealed promotion to MD1 / APPROVED. SA will play in MD2 for 2023-24.
Women’s Division 2
- Round Rock Rage appealed relegation to WD3 / APPROVED. Round Rock Rage will play in WD2 in 2023-24
- Austin Valkyries decided not to appeal the relegation of their second side to WD3. Instead, they requested the removal of that side from consideration for WD3 / APPROVED.
Men’s Division 3
- Denton MD3 appealed relegation to MD4
- Kingwood MD3 relegated to D4
- ORC MD3 relegated to D4
- Grand Prairie Mavericks MD3 relegated to D4
Appeals to the TRU Board
Each of the foregoing clubs whose appeals to the Competitions Committee were denied had the right to appeal to the TRU Board. HURT lodged an appeal against their relegation to MD4; however, the TRU Board rejected the appeal.
Schedule and League Structure
With divisional alignments for the upcoming 2023-24 competitive cycle now established, the RRRC Committee has already commenced the preparation of an initial draft of the schedule. The draft schedule will be shared in the near future, allowing for a review period during which teams can make change requests.
During this review period, clubs will have the opportunity to negotiate changes with their opponents and submit their requests for adjustments. The acceptance of these proposed changes will be subject to approval by the Competitions Committee and will be contingent on the availability of referees.
If there have been any recent changes to your Club Officers, we kindly request that you keep us informed by updating the information using the provided form. Additionally, we strongly advise Club Presidents to keep a close eye on your incoming emails, as we are working diligently to finalize divisional alignments and schedules. We understand the importance of clubs needing to plan for the upcoming season, and your prompt attention to updates and communications is highly appreciated.