The RRRC and TRU Championships will take place on April 25-26, 2020. We are officially requesting host applications at this time!
This year will be a combined RRRC / TRU event like last year. The preliminary schedule calls for 7 matches on Saturday, and 4 on Sunday. Participating divisions are:
- RRRC – Apr 25-26
- Men’s D1 (Saturday only match)
- Men’s D2 (Saturday semi-finals, Sunday finals)
- Women’s D2 (Saturday semi-finals, Sunday finals)
- Men’s D3 (Saturday semi-finals, Sunday finals)
- TRU – Apr 26
- Men’s D4 (Sunday only match)
RRRC Women’s D1 will satisfy their champions through league play and a combined Frontier Red River playoff. TRU Women’s D3 will not have a formal championship event this year.
RRRC / TRU reserve the right to change the schedule of matches on Red River Championship weekend to accommodate referee availability and selected venue constraints. A final schedule will be published after selection of a venue for the event.
Applications are due February 8, 2020 and will be reviewed by Marcus Leming (RRRC D2 Men’s), John Kurylas (RRRC / TRU D3 Men’s), Kat Roche (TRRA / TRU Intern) and Wendy Young (RRRC WD1 / TRU Admin), then voted on by the full RRRC Committee and TRU Board.
Hosts will be selected by February 20 and the announcement will be placed on the TRU website.
What does it mean to host a Championship event?
- Hosts and administrators are committed to showcasing a safe and professional event!
- All players, coaches and participants are covered under USA Rugby Insurance.
- Event hosts ensure that all TRU & USA Rugby Safety Guidelines are followed.
Minimum Event Host Requirements:
- Ensure that the Event complies with all of TRU & USA Rugby’s safety requirements and guidelines, rules, regulations, policies, directives, decisions and all procedures set forth by USA Rugby are in effect at the time of the Event.
- Confirm that all participating clubs and all participating participants, including athletes, coaches, referees and officials are CIPP registered with USA Rugby.
- Reserve or obtain permission and all applicable permits from local jurisdictions for the use of fields, venues, facilities, etc.
- Conduct the event in accordance with the current competitive rules as specified in the applicable RRRC & USA Rugby rule book or World Rugby rules.
- Accept full responsibility for the management of this event and any parties it employs, recruits and contracts with to assist with the production of said Event, including but not limited to the supervision of paid and non-paid employees and volunteers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.