Join HARC’s dynamic team! We are on the lookout for dedicated Head Coaches to lead our Men’s and Women’s programs. As the driving force behind our teams, you’ll oversee essential aspects like practice planning, player development, coaching strategies, and more. Your role will operate within the framework of USA Rugby and TRU, while upholding the core philosophy and objectives of HARC. Ready to make a difference on and off the field? Dive into the details below.
The coach will report to HARCs operating committee while maintaining certain autonomy, the Head Coach will oversee key areas of the program, including practice planning, player training, player/team development, coordination of team play, coaching tactics/strategy, and assistant coach oversight. The program must operate within the framework of USA Rugby and TRU (Texas Rugby Union) and align with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of HARC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend weekly practices on Tuesday/Thursday from 8pm-10pm
- Attend games/tournaments typically falling on Saturdays
- Comply with and enforce all laws, policies, rules, and regulations set forth by HARCs Board, TRU, and USA Rugby
- Maintain an active program that promotes good sportsmanship, player development, and overall team growth
- Promote team culture
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assistant coaches and support staff.
- Represent HARC positively when interacting with the community, alumni, club assistant coaches, captains, media, and general public
- Level 1 USA Rugby coaching certificate (preferred but can help obtain)
- Relevant experience in coaching and athletic administration (women-specific program experience is a plus but not necessary)
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team relationship and with diverse populations of athletes, staff, alumni, and opposing teams.
- Commitment to the Mission and Vision of HARC
- Majority of travel expenses covered
- Opportunity for growth in obtaining sports-specific certifications
- Dedicated field for training, and social location
- Dedicated HOC members and leaders to help you achieve coaching goals
- Stipend to be discussed
The primary goal of HARC is to develop an amateur program that facilitates the growth, interest and participation in the game of rugby. The club is committed to aiding all individuals who participate and are interested in learning or furthering their rugby careers, as well as creating an interest in team sports.
The club operates within the laws, expectations, and traditions of USA Rugby and TRU (Texas Rugby Union) The objective will be to present quality team environments for players, visiting players, coaches, referees and spectators. We will strive as a team to be successful on the field and off and to provide a positive atmosphere for individual, team and club growth.
Please email your Rugby Resume to President@houstonrugby.org.